Bialik Hebrew Day School is a thriving Jewish day school educating over 1,000 students at two branches in the GTA. Bialik’s success has been built on a program that blends a unique Jewish mission with academic excellence.
We currently welcome applications for the following position:
School Office Assistant
This is a part-time position at our Viewmount branch – 2760 Bathurst Street, at Glencairn.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this self-motivated individual will:
- Administer the Safe Arrival Program for students
- Perform general reception duties
- Provide administrative assistance in the school office
- Prepare routine correspondence, forms and reports
- Maintain filing systems and electronic records
Qualifications and experience
- A college diploma or undergraduate degree
- Three to five years’ work experience
- Proficiency in working in a Google environment (Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, Gmail etc.), Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and the use of databases
- Customer service experience or experience working in a school setting will be considered an asset
The successful candidate will have:
- A professional manner to represent the school as a point of contact for parents, students, staff, guests and vendors
- Highly developed organization skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written and oral)
- The ability to manage sensitive situations and confidential information
- The ability to multi-task
- A high degree of independence, tact, initiative, discretion and judgment
- Collaboration skills to work efficiently with fellow team members
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday August 10, 2018. In the subject line, please include “School Office Assistant” and “how you found out about the position.”
Please note that a police background check is required for this position.
We appreciate and thank you for your application; however, we will only contact those candidates to be interviewed.