Bialik Hebrew Day School is a thriving Jewish day school educating over 1,000 students at two branches in the GTA. Bialik’s success has been built on a program that blends a uniquely relevant Jewish mission with academic excellence.
The following roles are currently open:
Bialik Hebrew Day School seeks a School Counsellor to cover a one-year maternity leave from March/April 2020 at its Viewmount Branch, located in midtown Toronto.
Focusing on emotional wellness in the school, the Counsellor will work with students to address mental health issues, help them maintain healthy relationships with peers, and develop school-wide programs that promote student wellness within the school community.
- Work with students to maintain healthy relationships with peers, develop personal resilience, and emotional wellness.
- Provide individual and group counselling to students to address ongoing mental health issues (with a strong focus on anxiety support), behavioural issues, as well as personal and family matters. Consult and collaborate with parents to share strategies and support positive family functioning.
- Work in collaboration with teachers and administrators to develop and implement behavioural and coping strategies to set individual children up for success in their classrooms.
- Support students’ educational well-being on an individual basis.
- Develop programs centred on pro-social behaviour, anti-bullying, and character education.
- As part of the school’s support team, contributes observations and recommendations regarding students’ social and emotional development and mental health.
- Coordinate and facilitate Grade 8 Peer Helper and Grade 5 Leadership Programs.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Master’s degree in social work (MSW), psychology, education or equivalent
- Counselling experience working with children and adolescents in mental health settings
- Experience working in a school environment
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by sending their resume and cover letter to email@example.com by December 20.
We thank all applicants for their interest. We will only contact those candidates who will be interviewed.
Bialik is looking for dedicated teachers to join our supply team on an as-needed basis.
We invite candidates with Ontario Teacher Certification to submit their resumes and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the subject line please include “Supply Teacher.”
We appreciate all applications. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Maternity Leave Positions
We have a number of maternity leave positions in our General and Jewish Studies programs.
We invite candidates with Ontario Teacher Certification to apply.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.
In the subject line, please include “Maternity Leaves.”
We appreciate all applications, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.