Bialik Hebrew Day School is a thriving Jewish day school educating over 1,000 students at two branches in the GTA. Bialik’s success has been built on a program that blends a unique Jewish mission with academic excellence. We are currently welcoming applications for these positions:
Grade 2 Teaching Assistant
Bialik seeks a caring, energetic and reliable Teaching Assistant to work with Grade 2 classes at our Viewmount branch. The successful candidate will assist the classroom teacher with classroom setup, activities and transitions throughout the day. S/he will be able to assume responsibility for supervising the class when the teacher is not present.
Working closely with the teacher, the Teaching Assistant will be skilled in working with small groups or individual students as necessary. S/he will assist with ensuring the safety of the children at all times, will report any observations about a child to the teacher, and will apply consistent discipline under the teacher’s direction.
We invite candidates with Ontario Teacher Certificationto apply. “
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate all applications, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
School Office Assistant
This is a part-time position at our Viewmount branch – 2760 Bathurst Street, at Glencairn.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this self-motivated individual will:
- Administer the Safe Arrival Program for students
- Perform general reception duties
- Provide administrative assistance in the school office
- Prepare routine correspondence, forms and reports
- Maintain filing systems and electronic records
Qualifications and experience
- A college diploma or undergraduate degree
- Three to five years’ work experience
- Proficiency in working in a Google environment (Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, Gmail etc.), Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and the use of databases
- Customer service experience or experience working in a school setting will be considered an asset
The successful candidate will have:
- A professional manner to represent the school as a point of contact for parents, students, staff, guests and vendors
- Highly developed organization skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written and oral)
- The ability to manage sensitive situations and confidential information
- The ability to multi-task
- A high degree of independence, tact, initiative, discretion and judgment
- Collaboration skills to work efficiently with fellow team members
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday August 10, 2018. In the subject line, please include “School Office Assistant” and “how you found out about the position.”
Please note that a police background check is required for this position.
We appreciate and thank you for your application; however, we will only contact those candidates to be interviewed.